Sunday, November 9, 2008

face to face in anaheim

So I rolled up to the Downtown Disney parking lot with no time to spare, in fact, they had probably already started playing. Ran through downtown disney to the house of blues only to find that the will call windows were closed...I asked a passing HOB employee what the deal was, she took my id and came back an agonizing 2 minutes later telling me there were no tickets for me. I just started stuttering like "uhh but uhhh uhhhh uhhhhh" and she asked when and how i bought the ticket...I told her about 5 days ago through ticketmaster. She left for another agonizing 3 minutes and came back telling me that she was going to let me in because I was in the computer but they for some reason had no physical ticket.

I then took off up the stairs into the venue...i thought that a big reason the show had sold out was because the band rufio was having a reunion and the other HOB shows hadnt sold out...I was incorrect. running into the main room, it was completely packed. I believe I walked in and face to face was playing ordinary, but i could be wrong. I likely missed 3-4 songs.

THE SET!!! aside from the songs I missed, they played these songs (no order unless indicated): A-OK, disconnected, you've done nothing, i'm trying, pastel, struggle (i think!), big choice (also, i think.), velocity (A SONG I HAD REQUESTED ON A SIGN AT THE SHOWS IN APRIL! THANK YOU TREVER), blind, ordinary, I won't lie down, and shoot the moon (another song i requested on their myspace after not playing it in april either...had a poor reception from the audience unfortunately, probably only 1/5 the crowd sang along if that.). They closed with It's Not Over, and then came back with a two song encore...the first song was Bikeage which was cool (also the second time in a week i have seen a band cover that instead of playing their own songs which i'd rather hear), and finally closed with 1000X.

There was a circle pit going on for basically the entire show, seems to be the case usually in california apparently. awesome show, i left feeling so much better about the show than the night before where i went to this same venue to see the bouncing souls, who had spoiled me a week earlier with a pre-96 set, the set they played in anaheim had good songs but just didnt seem to play what i wanted to hear.

No comments: