Friday, November 14, 2008

face to face and guttermouth at sunset strip HOB reviewed

Got there a little after 7 to make sure i got a ticket, then was informed that face to face would take the stage at 10:50....cool. The parking situation in this area of hollywood is downright dire. After grabbing a bite to eat and watching the end of the jets/patriots game, i drove to santa monica and back and then paid $10 to park at a tiny strip mall. It was odd.

I walked into the place. It's just like the anaheim HOB, with an extra small tier of bar space, which made it much more comfortable (the anaheim HOB is tiny). I'd only been to the atlantic city and san diego HOB which are both much bigger, and incomparable to these other two.

On the way in, I hear from the security guard checking IDs that there is someone who has collapsed on the floor and may be seriously injured. Next, a different one walks outside and goes "Oh, god." I walk in.

Guttermouth is on stage, commenting on the "body." After a little while they start playing again. I really don't know much about them. But now, I know this: Guttermouth is funny. Played a song about kung fu, chicken box, and closed with perfect world. They were all dressed in skimpy workers clothing and short shorts, with sunglasses and creepy moustaches. It was excellent.

After that, I went to get a nice spot where I wouldn't be bothered by dem mosherz, and then saw that there was barricade space, and good spots too, I snagged one between where scott and trever would be. It's kind of funny, the only bands I've ever stood against a barricade for were face to face and..........that's it, but like 4 times now. Anyway, they went on, and killed it, playing these songs, in order.

You Lied
Struggle
Bill of Goods
I'm Not Afraid
Ordinary
I Won't Lie Down
What's in a Name
Disconnected
You've Done Nothing
Pastel
Blind
I Want
Walk the Walk
Nothing New
I'm Trying
Big Choice
A-OK
It's Not Over
1000X (request)
Bikeage

It was awesome, there didn't even seem to be that many people there, but it didnt stop the drunk contingent from trying to get up front and being drunk. The best was during It's Not Over, some kid managed to jump over me and land on the stage and kept trying to get to scott, pretty funny. Not too many crowdsurfers compared to other times...thank god. After the set, scott gave me the setlist, which was pretty cool.

No comments: